GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD... THE ALBUM THAT STARTS WITH A FUNERAL AND ENDS WITH A "HELLO"
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road has continued to acquire accolades and awards in the years since its release.
In 2000, Q magazine listed it as #84 in its list of the 100 Greatest British Albums Ever, and in 2003 Rolling Stone placed it at #91 in the magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. That same year the album was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was certified Gold (RIAA for sales of 500,000 units) on October 12, 1973. It reached 5x Platinum status on March 23, 1993 and its current 7x Platinum status was awarded on August 26, 1998. It also achieved Platinum status in the UK (BPI), for sales of over a million copies, on October 5, 1973.
- Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
- Candle In The Wind
- Bennie And The Jets
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- This Song Has No Title
- Grey Seal
- Jamaica Jerk-Off
- I've Seen That Movie Too
- Sweet Painted Lady
- The Ballad Of Danny Bailey (1909-34)
- Dirty Little Girl
- All The Girls Love Alice
- Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n' Roll)
- Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
- Roy Rogers
- Social Disease
- Whenever You're Ready (We'll Go Steady Again)
- Jack Rabbit
- Screw You [Young Man's Blues]