By the Editor@EltonJohn.com
As Elton continues to promote his upcoming album, Wonderful Crazy Night (released February 5 world-wide and available now for pre-order), we would like to help you keep up with his appearances and media attention.
Below are some of the highlights to date from print, broadcast and online media sources.
This list will update as new items come in, so keep checking back for the latest on Elton!
- Elton surprises commuters at London’s Kings Cross St Pancras station with a medley and autographed piano – watch the video!
- Elton meets fans at HMV Oxford Street in London – watch the video!
- CBS Sunday Morning (CBS, February 28)
- The Talk (CBS, February 26)
Elton talks about and performs a song from Wonderful Crazy Night.
- The Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60 (ABC, February 21)
A performance in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park: Circle of Life, from Disney’s The Lion King, and Wonderful Crazy Night.
- Rai 1 (February 9) – Live broadcast on Italian TV of Elton’s appearance at the Sanremo Music Festival. Also broadcast on Rai 1 radio.
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show (NBC, February 8)
Elton and the band play Looking Up.
- Lorraine (ITV, February 8)
Elton talks about his new album.
- The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS, February 7)
Elton joins James for a brilliant edition of “Carpool Karaoke”.
- The Graham Norton Show (BBC 1, February 5 )
Elton chats with Graham and performs Blue Wonderful with the band.
- The Today Show (NBC, February 5)
Matt Lauer interviews Elton.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC, February 4)
Elton and the band play Blue Wonderful as part of the Jimmy Kimmel Live Concert Series.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC, January 18)
Elton made his second appearance on the talk show. Check out Elton’s YouTube channel to see clips from the interview.
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show (January 18)
Elton joined Ellen on her talk show to catch up and perform The Bitch Is Back and Blue Wonderful.
- Magic Radio – Elton joins Richard Allinson on Magic’s Drive Time to talk about his new album and career. (Note: there are three segments to listen to.)
- SiriusXM: The Spectrum (February 5 and onwards) – Elton answers questions from David Fricke and some very lucky Sirius subscribers in the Elton John Town Hall.
- Radio Capital (February 4) – Exclusive Italian feature, with interview, on Wonderful Crazy Night.
- BBC Radio 2: Ken Bruce Show (February 3) – Elton performs an exclusive gig from the BBC’s Maida Vale studios – three new songs, three classics, and some chat!
- KCRW: Morning Becomes Eclectic (February 3) – Elton plays Levon, Burn Down The Mission, Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters, Wonderful Crazy Night, Blue Wonderful, and Looking Up.
VIDEO! You can watch the performance on KCRW’s website.
- BBC Radio 6 Music (January 24) – A midday interview with Matt Everitt on The First Time With…, and the first play of Guilty Pleasure.
- BBC Radio 4 (January 20) – An extended interview with John Wilson on Front Row at 7:15 pm.
- Rolling Stone magazine (online)
Stephen Rodrick covers the multiple Wiltern Theatre (Los Angeles) events in January and speaks with Elton, Bernie and David Furnish about Elton’s career.
- USA Today
Elysa Gardner gives Wonderful Crazy Night 3 out of 4 stars: “…the sound and spirit of a man who’s grown comfortable in his own skin, but is still intent on moving forward.”
- Evening Standard
“After nearly 50 years at the top he’s not just a pop star but a national treasure.”
- The Independent
4 stars from Paul Sexton: “His sheer fervour for his craft puts many pretenders a third his age to shame.”
- Rolling Stone magazine (February 11 issue)
Reviewer David Fricke awards Wonderful Crazy Night 4 stars in his review entitled “Elton Puts the Old Glitter Back On.”
- Los Angeles Times
Randy Lewis’ feature on Wonderful Crazy Night quotes both Elton and Bernie.
- New York Times: Arts & Leisure (in print on January 31)
Melena Ryzik speaks with Elton and Bernie about their new album in Elton John, Still Rocking Out (and Speaking Out) With a Flourish.
- Record Collector (February issue)
Reviewer Max Bell gives Wonderful Crazy Night three stars – “Since he started hooking up with [producer] T Bone Burnett, Elton seems to have rediscovered his good taste button.”
- Mojo (March 2016 issue)
Reviewer Mat Snow gives Wonderful Crazy Night four stars – “Forty years on, the piano playing pop colossus justifies the hype.”
- Q magazine (March 2016 issue)
Reviewer John Aizlewood gives Wonderful Crazy Night three stars – “Clattering 33rd album from rejuvenated national treasure.”
- Uncut (March 2016 issue)
Reviewer John Lewis gives Wonderful Crazy Night a 7 out of 10 – “Music legend continues his post-millenium form.”